2019 Polaris Industries 600 Switchback® XCR - Electric Start
- 600 SWITCHBACK® XCR ($14,199.00)
- 15 X 136 X 1.35 COBRA
- INDY® RED SIDE PANEL, BLACK PEARL HOOD, BLACK NOSEPAN
- INDY® RED TUNNEL
- INDY® RED RAIL
- ELECTRIC START ($500.00)
- LOW BLACK WINDSHIELD+HANDGUARDS
- WE HI-LO SPEED PIGGYBACK NEEDLE
- ALUMINUM BAR, STD RISER
- POLARIS® MC GAUGE
* Price shown excludes freight ($460), setup ($400), HST (13%) and License ($38).
Chesterman Power Products - Tillsonburg's Polaris Dealer
14493 Bayham Drive, Tillsonburg, Ontario, N4G4G8
The Switchback® XCR snowmobile is for extreme performance riders that need to dominate tough terrain at high speeds. Its lightweight yet strong AXYS® Chassis paired with the 600 Cleanfire® Engine and Race-Ready components like reinforced rail beams and racing brake system deliver extreme crossover performance.
Customize your sled with exclusive color combinations during SnowCheck 2019.
- AXYS® Chassis: The AXYS® Switchback® XCR features the AXYS® chassis and IQR handlebars with an aluminum overstructure. The chassis structure and design makes it possible to change the rider positioning, centralize vehicle mass, redesign the rear suspension, add more power, remove weight, and evolve the rider's experience. In short, it is the key to delivering rider-balanced® control, unrivaled acceleration, and rider-centric comfort.
- Rider Balanced Control: Rider Balanced Control gives the rider: Flatter cornering without sacrificing the fun factor; More precise handling in all conditions; Better control in big bumps AND chatter bumps How did we get there? Polaris:; Put the rider in the right location on the sled; Centralized vehicle mass; Optimized the suspension geometry to better control pitch
- Rider Balanced Positioning: On the AXYS® chassis, the rider is moved forward to a more balanced position. The rider's hands are moved 4.5" forward, the feet are 2" forward, the knees are 4.5" forward, and the seat is 4.5" forward. In the neutral riding position, the AXYS® platform provides bite for flatter, positive cornering. When the trail gets rough or the rider jumps off into the powder, rider balance enables the rider to move back and make the front end light to climb up on top of the snow or the moguls.
- PRO-XC™ Suspension with Polaris Race Technology (PRT): PRO-XC™ Suspension with Polaris Race Technology (PRT) The completely redesigned geometry of the PRO-XC™ progressive-rate rear suspension is optimized for the best performance and Rider-Balanced Control. Through innovative Polaris engineering and construction, the suspension is both lighter and stronger, featuring: Lightweight, forged aluminum rear crank; Completely redesigned crank and pivot; Front torque arm was moved rearward to control pitch, increase travel, and improve the rail profile. To increase durability & strength for extreme performance, the XCR features additional Race-Inspired Suspension Components, including a Chromoly Rear Pivot, Heavy-Duty FTS Mount, Solid “Hardened" Jackshaft, Chromoly Front Torque Arm, Strength-optimized, Reinforced Rail Beams, Solid Bogie Wheels, and IQR Rear Axle Wheels.
- Polaris Race Technology Brake System: The PRT Brake system delivers outstanding performance with unparalleled durability. The race rotor provides increased surface area that effectively absorbs heat from brake pads for more consistent performance and even pad wear. The Brake Scoop offers increased cooling and improves durability & performance, while the Type 81 Brake Pads withstand higher temperatures associated with higher speeds.
- Active Pitch Control™: The PRO-XC™ suspension delivers Active Pitch Control™ which controls the pitch by suspension geometry and not simply by a high spring rate. This makes the sled less sensitive to adjustment while allowing optimal weight transfer.
- Track Options: Two track options are available for the Switchback XCR that let a rider customize the sled to suit their personal riding style. Track options include: Cobra 1.35" track for excellent performance on loose snow & on hard-packed snow surfaces; and Backcountry 1.75" track developed for on and off trail riding. Developed and tested in competitive snocross racing environments, it's designed with traction and durability in mind.
- PRO-STEER Skis: The PRO-STEER ski features a reshaped keel and shortened skag for reduced steering effort. Redesigned ribs atop the ski increase torsional stiffness for more precise steering, and bosses added atop the ribs provide traction to prevent slipping when a rider steps on the ski in deep snow.
- IQR Handlebar with PRO-X Riser: The IQR handlebar with PRO-X Riser is taller to accommodate stand-up riding
- Lightweight: When developing the AXYS® platform, Polaris engineers minimized weight throughout the sled without compromising strength. The Switchback XCR features durable, race-proven components at a light weight of 485 lb (220 kg)
- Electronic Oil Pump: Electronic oil pump eliminates power-robbing gear drive - and provides more precise, improved oil delivery for performance and durability as well as a 35% reduction in throttle effort. Requires no adjustments.
- 600 Cleanfire® Engine: The 600 Cleanfire® engine is part of the Polaris family of Liberty engines built in the USA. This engine is a 600cc, liquid-cooled, SDI engine that provides proven reliable performance, instant acceleration, easy starting and great response.
- AXYS® Performance Seat: The AXYS® Performance seat utilizes a high-performance seat foam, and the seat design is narrower in front to provide greater maneuverability. The seat is lighter without compromising comfort; Improved ergonomics and stability; Seat top features a gripper material that helps keep the rider in place.
- Polaris Interactive Digital Display: Exclusively from Polaris - the most advanced instrumentation in snowmobiling. This 4.3" high resolution, full color, LCD digital display provides a rider with information including: Sled performance: Speedometer, tachometer, dual tripmeters, average speed, max speed, engine/trip hours & odometer Sled operating conditions: Coolant temperature, diagnostics & maintenance warnings; Riding conditions: Air temperature, time of day in 12 or 24-hour clock format; Bluetooth™ functionality: Enables the gauge to communicate with the rider's cell phone and provide notification of incoming calls or texts. Displays phone battery & signal strength; GPS/Mapping Capability: A compass is standard, & full-featured GPS can be installed to provide directions & information about services such as fuel, restaurants, lodging & Polaris dealerships. Customize the GPS to operate with North Up or Course Up navigation depending on your preference; Ride Planning Feature enables you to plan a ride using Ride Command, save it as a GPX file, and transfer it to the display through the USB interface
- Left-Hand Controls: The left-hand controls feature improved ergonomics, updated styling, and enhanced hand and thumb warmer control. The controls are easy to operate with gloves on, and have an improved tactile feel.
- LED Lights: All models built on the AXYS® platform feature standard LED headlights. LED headlights deliver the industry's best lighting: Nearly 1 lb. lighter and high beams are 80% brighter than incandescent lighting; Color temperature or output of the lights (the “whiteness" of light, reported in Kelvin) is 5000K, closely matching daylight; LED headlights last the entire lifetime of the sled. A major durability enhancement over traditional incandescent headlights which experience filament burn out; For constant visibility and enhanced safety, the low beams remain on at all times. Even when the high beam is activated, there is never a period of no light.
- Wind Protection: The hood and windshield designs produce significantly enhanced wind protection for a rider, and the foil on the side panels further enhances protection.
- Integrated Storage: Storage was designed and developed right along with the AXYS platform, so it installs securely and features seamless, integrated styling that matches the sled's design lines. Compression-molded materials provide semi-rigid storage and enhanced styling; Sturdier zippers provide better cargo security and protection; Installs without tools
- Premium Fit & Finish: Interfacing surfaces between body panels and components are shorter for minimized gaps Interfaces are strategically located in recessed areas; Styling of storage elements results in clean, integrated lines; Components are engineered for functionality and styled for the best styling
- Walker Evans® Shocks: Walker Evans® Hi/Lo Compression Adjustable Piggyback Needle Shocks with XCR valving are more tune-able and allow you to adjust compression to suit your riding styles & the day's conditions. They are the most durable in extremely rough terrain at high speeds.
- Walker Evans® 2.0" Body Front Track Shock: Polaris developed, these shocks feature a larger diameter to withstand higher speeds and increased oil volume for higher temperature operation.
- Disc Brake Type: AXYS™ Race Radial
- Drive System Type: Chaincase
- Drive/Driven Clutch: P-85 / TEAM® LWT
- Exhaust: Single SC VES
- Fuel System: Cleanfire® Injection
- Ignition: DC-SDI
- Engine Type/Cooling: Liquid Cooled
- Cylinders-Displacement (cc): 2 - 599
- Bore x Stroke (mm): 77.25 x 64
- Front Shocks: Walker Evans® Hi-Lo Speed Comp. Adj. Piggyback Needle
- Front Suspension: AXYS® Front Suspension
- Front Track Shock: 2.0" Walker Evans® Hi-Lo Speed Comp. Adj. Piggyback
- Front Travel (in./cm.): 9.3 / 23.6
- Rear Suspension: PRO-XC™
- Rear Track Shock: Walker Evans® Hi-Lo Speed Comp. Adj. Piggyback Needle
- Rear Travel (in./cm.): 13.6 / 34.5
- Ski Type: PRO-STEER
- Track Width/Length/Height (in.): SnowCheck Select Option
- Fuel Capacity (Litres): 12 / 45.4
- Overall Height (in./mm.): 46 / 116.8
- Overall Width (in./mm.): 47 / 119.4
- Person Capacity: 1
- Ski Center Distance (in./cm.): 42.5 / 108
- Estimated Dry Weight (pounds/kg): 460 / 209
- Overall Length (in./mm.): 121 / 307.4
- 12v Outlet: Accessory
- Color / Graphics: SnowCheck Select Option
- Electric Start: SnowCheck Select Option
- Fuel Gauge: Electronic
- Hand & Thumb Warmers: Standard Adjustable
- Mirrors: Accessory
- Heated Passenger Grips: N/A
- Passenger Seat: Accessory
- Rear Rack/Tow Hitch: Accessory
- Reverse: PERC®
- Seat Type: AXYS™ Performance
- Security System: Option / Accessory
- Speedometer: SnowCheck Select Option
- Storage System: Accessory
- Tachometer: SnowCheck Select Option
- Windshield: SnowCheck Select Option
- Temp/Low Oil Light: SnowCheck Select Option
- Handlebar Type: One Piece IQR Hooked
- Riser Type: 3.5" (89mm) Fixed
- Standard Warranty: 12 Months
- Extended Warranty: Up to 60 months in total coverage
- Bore x Stroke
- 77.25 x 64 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Cleanfire® Injection
- Single SC VES
- Brake Type
- AXYS™ Race Radial
- Drive Clutch
- Driven Clutch
- TEAM® LWT
- Front Suspension
- AXYS® Front Suspension
- Front Travel
- 9.3 in. (23.6 cm)
- Rear Suspension
- Rear Travel
- 13.6 in. (34.5 cm)
- Ski Type
- Ski Stance
- 42.5 in. (108 cm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 12 gal. (45.4 L)
- Dry Weight
- 460 lb. (209 kg)
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- Standard Adjustable